Friday 25 April 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Donna Grant



You can take 5 items/men to a fully catered desert island – what/who would you take?     J
Chris Hemsworth, Huck Jackman, Jensen Ackles, James Purefoy, and Viggo Mortensen
Nice choice!! ~amanda~

Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they?
I have several, actually. Lara Adrian, Lorraine Heath, and Kresley Cole to name just a few.

How did you start your writing career?
I just started writing. I wrote four complete books before I learned about RWA (Romance Writers of America). I soon joined and began looking for an agent. It sounds simple, but it wasn’t, and it took me 6 years before I sold to a small press, and another two before I sold to New York.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
Ugh. That’s the one I just finished – Kiril, from my Dragon Kings series.  I don’t think I’ve ever had such a difficult time, and I hope I don’t ever again.

How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre?
Mostly I just say paranormal, because my series is a mesh of paranormal and fantasy – sometimes set in medieval times, sometimes in present day.  As for why I write it, because I love it! It’s what always just comes natural/easy.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I honestly don’t know. :S

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
Not really. I write best in the mornings, so I always try to get started early. I’ll continue until I get all my pages done, then start again the next day.

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
Here is 2014:
April 29th – Darkest Flame (Dark Kings #1)
May 12th – Wild Dream (Chiasson #2)
June 3rd – Fire Rising (Dark Kings #2)
July 14th – Masters of Seduction anthology w/Lara Adrian, Alexandra Ivy, & Laura Wright
Aug 11th – Wild Need (Chiasson #3)
Sept 30th – Burning Desire (Dark Kings #3)
Oct 13th – The Hunger (Rogues of Scotland #2)
Nov 10th – Moon Kissed (LaRues #1)
Dec 30th – Hot Blooded (Dark Kings #4)

Where are your books available?
Everywhere books/ebooks are sold. Readers can also buy signed books from either my Virtual Signing or my store through my website.

Stalker Links
FB: AuthorDonnaGrant
Twitter: donna_grant
Website: www.donnagrant.com



No comments:

Post a Comment