Friday 11 April 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Khloe Wren



Who is your favourite author?
I have so many but I think JR Ward will always be at the top of the list. Her Black Dagger Brotherhood are to die for.

How did you start you writing career?
I’ve always been an avid reader and toyed with the idea of writing one day. I didn’t want to write fan fiction and couldn’t think of an original idea. Then while recovering from major surgery about 18 months ago I began writing on an idea I had. Six months later I had a contract and a couple more books on the go. The rest as they say, is history!

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
Hmm. Each character has their issues. I think so far the hardest to write was Robyn. She’s just so, well, bat shit crazy! To get in her head I had to listen to really dark heavy music.

Why did you choose to write romance? Favourite style to write?
It’s what I read, so it was a natural choice for me. I think paranormal will always be my favourite. Shifters and vampires will always have my heart.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I was a legal secretary for about nine years before having kids and settling into writing.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I ritually try to get the kids and hubby to remain quiet! Lol. Honestly, I don’t think so. I just sit down and type away and hope it makes sense at the end of the day.

What would be the weirdest one?
I have recently discovered one little quirk. When I’m totally stuck on a scene, I curl up in hubby’s lap and tell him about the story so far and where I’m stuck. Normally I come up with a solution after voicing the issue and sometimes he actually helps!

Your house is burning and you can grab five things - what would you grab? (people and pets are already out!)
Wedding photo album. The framed ultrasound picture of our miscarried baby. Umm, my laptop of course! My set of personalised signed JR Ward books. Hmm… last thing… a handmade necklace my grandfather made my grandmother while he was away at war.

What embarrassing item would you let burn?!
My daughter would tell you some of the clothes in my cupboard! I think I’ve gotten rid of most embarrassing things already…

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
Sapphire Angel, the first book in my Gemstone Vampires Trilogy is due out 8th April.

Where are your books available?
What’s the line? Ah yes “where all good ebooks are sold”. Hehe, the usual, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, All Romance Books. Dymocks in Rundle Mall (Adelaide, South Australia) stock a couple of my books in paperback.

Stalker links?
Website          Facebook   (profile)   (page)          Twitter

Khloe Wren

No comments:

Post a Comment