Friday 4 April 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with R.M. Gilmore



Aliens are loading humans onto their ships to populate a new galaxy; you have two hours before they get to you. What do you do in those two hours?!
Watch Honey Boo Boo and welcome the coming apocalypse.

Who is your favourite author? 
Does not compute. This question is ridiculous and thus invalid.

How did you start your writing career? 
Drunk.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
Malcolm McTavish. What a prick.  

Why did you choose to write romance? 
The question should be why do I choose NOT to write romance. The Dylan Hart series in particular is anything but. With the exception of Mike and Cyrus – both equally hot and annoying in their own right – boys are not the icing on this series. I figure I’d rather read about a bad ass bitch kicking ass or getting her ass kicked than what she does or doesn’t do in the sack. I’m not out fucking every ten minutes so I feel my characters shouldn’t either. I hope readers can relate to the concept of an averaged sized heroine, with average abilities, and average expectations of the world around her – even if the world around her is chock full of death and dismemberment. 

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing? 
Lord knows, there has not been a day in 30 years I haven’t been creating something – even when it was just a healthy dump in my diaper. I’d likely be creating something or other.

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write? 
Carl Headshrunken and a Diet Coke. Oh and tunes, must have music.

What would be the weirdest one? 
Diet Coke.

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how does it feel to have emails etc. addressed to your other name? 
I just use my initials, not biggie. The worst is when I meet people in public and they call me R.M. I’m like, you can use my name, I won’t implode. I swear.

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule? 
The third in the Dylan Hart series, Sacrifice was just released, with the fourth on the docket for later this year. The second in the Lynnie Russell series is underway currently with a release date pending. Short stories and possible anthologies coming later this year.

Where are your books available? 
eBooks available Amazon, B&N, and Kobo. Paperbacks available through Amazon (currently unavailable for reformatting, will return end of April)

Stalker links 
Everything me can be found at www.rmgilmoreauthor.com.
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads, Pandora, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+, etc – rmgilmoreauthor 




No comments:

Post a Comment