Friday 23 May 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Penelope Louleas


I'd like to welcome to Author Lowdown, debut author of Harbour, Penelope Louleas. I'm stoked to have her here, especially since this is her very first interview!! Woot!!

You can take 5 items/men to a fully catered desert island – what/who would you take?

My Husband- He’s funny and will keep me entertained. Plus we haven’t been on a holiday alone since I was pregnant with my daughter!

Paperbacks: Never too Far By Abbi Glines, Fifity Shades of Grey, The Billionaire Bachelors by Melody Anne etc - I’m assuming there’s no power source otherwise I’d be taking my iPad :p

Conditioner. My hair is over a metre long and the last time I was in Fiji, the beautiful, fine sand was hell to get out of my hair!

Matches. Lots of them. I don’t deal well with the cold, we will need fire.

Tequila. Preferably Patron. Again, this will help keep me warm. ; )

Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they?
I have so many. I really got into reading again after FSoG but it opened my eyes to the Indie world. 90% of my favourite authors are Indies.

How did you start your writing career?
I had a few stories rattling around in my head. I started writing one after my sister-in-law begged me to. That feels like a lifetime ago but Harbour was finally completed and published on May 16th.

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
I connected with all of my characters. If I didn’t, they were removed. I figured if I can’t write them, people won’t enjoy reading them.

If you write under an alias/Nome de plume, how do you deal with being addressed by that name?
I do have one. The name is not so bad, it’s what I’ve been called by a few people over the years. I chose to write under an alias to separate my family from the author.

How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre?
I’ll be honest, Harbour is pretty much me. I have the same personality. There was no way I could write a dark book, it’s just not in me. My book had to be funny, romantic, erotic etc. I love to make people laugh, I love a good love story and everyone loves sex.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I have a part time job at a liquor wholesaler in administration. I’m also a mum to an 19 month old princess named Athena. Both of them keep me busy but that’s what I love. I need to be kept busy, that’s why I started writing. I need an artistic outlet otherwise I’d lose my mind!

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I wrote Harbour over the summer. My house has a lovely outdoor area so I would sit out there and write. I can’t be confined to my office. It messes with my writing mojo.

What would be the weirdest one?
I wrote my ENTIRE novel on an iPad without a keyboard attachment. No spell check, no word count. I just wrote. People think that’s weird.
~not weird to me, just damn dedicated!!~ Amanda~

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
Harbour was released on the 16th of May and I have been inundated with messages for more.
The Runaway Home series is in this order: Harbour #1, Pierce #2, Artemisia #3 and Melody #4
(Ben, Lincoln’s brother will feature in one of the upcoming books also.)
Pierce will be out before the end of the year, Art will follow shortly after.

Where is your book available?
Amazon US          Amazon AU          Amazon UK

Stalker Links.
Twitter: @pennylovesbooks
Instagram: Penelopelouleasauthor





No comments:

Post a Comment