Friday 1 August 2014

AUTHOR LOWDOWN with Alexandrea Weis




If you had to choose a tattoo for someone else to get, what would it be and who would be the victim?
Probably my husband, and something very small like my initials.

Do you have a favourite author? Who is it/are they?
Ian Fleming and Mary Renault were both great character writers. I know a lot of people think Ian Fleming is a weird choice, but his books were great character studies. 

How did you start your writing career?
I’m not sure I could call this a career. I started writing at the age of eight and studied a great deal in high school, but in college I pursued science. It wasn’t until after I finished my doctorate that I finally returned to writing and penned my first novel. That was fifteen years ago, but I did not publish until seven years ago. I’ve been publishing books for seven years, but it’s never been a career, just a passion. 

Which character was the hardest to write and why? 
Pamela Wells in my 4th published novel, Broken Wings. A wildlife rehabber who suffers from lupus and fears for the future of her rehab facility and the animals she helps. It hit a little too close to home for me because I too, am a wildlife rehabber who deals with the day-to-day dilemmas of lupus. Her pain was my pain, and it was tough to put to paper.  

How would you classify the genre you write? Why did you choose that genre?
I write in Romance, contemporary, paranormal or suspense, and for me it was the genre that fit what I wanted to write. To be able to tell stories about real people overcoming adversity and finding happiness with another. After all, aren’t love stories the best, because more than sci-fi, fantasy, or action/adventure, we’ve all been in love, or at least obsessed about someone.

If you weren’t an author, what would you have ended up doing?
I’d still be what I am; an RN, wildlife rehabber but would spend more time doing those activities, and take in more wildlife than I currently do. 

Do you have any rituals/habits when you write?
I chew a lot of gum and drink a lot of water. Short of having sticky notes about my desk when I am working on a story, there isn’t much else for me.  

What would be the weirdest one?
Probably my gum habit. Whenever I write, I always like to chew gum.

What is on your current and upcoming release schedule?
The Bondage Club will be out on the 29 of July, and in October I will be releasing the second book in my paranormal series, The Satyr’s Curse. It’s a paranormal romance set in my hometown of New Orleans with all the drama of voodoo, family curses, and a supernatural being in love with a beautiful woman thrown together for a great series.

Where are your books available?
Amazon

Stalker Links



No comments:

Post a Comment